We meet from 10:30am to 12:00pm on the 3rd Saturday of each month for a presentation at the Museum of Natural History. All children are welcome however our programming is geared towards 7 to 12 year olds.
For monthly field trips, we usually meet on the 4th Sunday of each month from 1:00pm to 3:00pm at various locations in HRM. Please register with the Halifax Chapter Leader before attending a field trip.
Follow the SCHEDULE link to discover the dates and details of upcoming YNC Halifax events. You can join at ANYTIME throughout the year, and all events are FREE!
Chapter Leader: Karen McKendry
- Nova Scotia Celebration of Nature, 2017
Friday, May 26, 2017 - Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 7:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Apr. meeting - Topic TBA
Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
- Feb. field trip - Snowshoeing adventure
Sunday, February 26, 2017 at 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Feb. meeting - The Truth About Black Bears and Coyotes
Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
- Feb. field trip 1 - Sky Tour *Feb. 3 is a go*
Friday, February 3, 2017 at 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Jan. meeting - “One Sky, Many Stories”
Saturday, January 21, 2017 at 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
- Christmas Bird Count... For Kids
Sunday, December 11, 2016 at 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Nov. field trip - Nova Scotia Pebbles - postponed till spring
Sunday, November 27, 2016 at 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Free Film Screening: NaturePlay, Take Childhood Back
Thursday, November 24, 2016 at 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- YNC Art Cards make the perfect Holiday Gift!
Monday, November 21, 2016 - Sunday, December 25, 2016 at All Day
- Nov. meeting - Nova Scotia's Geological Treasures
Saturday, November 19, 2016 at 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
- Oct. field trip - Fire ecology of the Herring Cove Backlands... plus lichens! plus mosses!
Sunday, October 23, 2016 at 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm