Date/TimeSaturday, February 8, 2014
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Join us for a tour of a working maple farm in the Cobequid Hills of Northern Nova Scotia.
Please find below an outline of the afternoon’s event and a few useful links. Reply by Thursday February 6th as to whether you and your child/children will be attending; providing this information to our presenter will help with the preparation of our visit. A reminder and more detailed directions will be sent to those that plan to attend.
February 8th Event (1:00-3:00pm) for the Pictou County YNC:
· Meet at Sugar Moon Farm – 221 Alex Macdonald Rd, Earltown
· Start with a late lunch, so bring your wallet( For a menu preview please visit the website)
· Bring a little extra cash as you will definitely want to shop at the store and take home some of those tasty treats for later.
· Quita and Samara will provide a tour/hike optional depending on time line
· After the tour a well deserved treat, sugar on snow
Items to bring:
· Wear appropriate clothing for the tentative hike (winter boots, hat, mittens, etc)
· Nature Journals
· Water, in case your child/children get thirsty
Note: If any child or adult attending has severe allergies could you please let us know and bring all appropriate medications ex: EPIPENS.