Date/TimeSaturday, February 22, 2014
10:00 am - 11:30 am
Event Change: from Winter Walk & Winter Survival Tips to ‘Seeing’ & Nature Journaling at the KCIC
a double booking has occured, so there has been a slight change to Saturday’s event. We will have Eric Kershaw as a guest during our next event in March. there will be an event on Saturday, but it will be at the KCIC at Acadia, 10am.
‘Seeing’ nature & revisiting our nature journals in the garden & on the trails behind & outside the KCIC. Please dress warmly, so we may enjoy the whole time. Please bring some water & your nature juournals, i still have a stack for those who have not received theirs!
Don’t miss this warm and wonderful display of tropical orchids in the Conservatory at the KC Irving Environmental Science Centre. Orchids in bloom, orchids and supplies for sale, raffle, educational displays. Saturday February 22, 10:30 – 4pm, KC Irving Centre, Acadia University. Free admission and parking.
the AVYNC is glad to welcome Eric for our 2nd winter walk this season. Eric has taught winter survival skills & is willing to share some tips!
Bring your snowshoes! I will have a few pairs (kids/adults) on hand thanks to the Wolfville Recreation Centre.
Dare i hope winter keeps us in snow just a little longer? After the 22nd, let’s welcome spring! :) See you soon. if you have any questions, please email me, dnmcln @ ecologyfund. net
Directions to Wolfville Watershed Nature Preserve
1. At the intersection of Main St. & Gaspereau Ave. in Wolfville (near the Tim Horton’s), turn south on to Gaspereau Ave.
2. Continue on the Gaspereau Ave/Gaspereau River Rd. to the village of Baspereau (approx. 3.5kms)
3. Immediately after crossing the Gaspereau River take the next right onto Greenfield Rd.
4. Continue on Greenfield Rd. for 2.2kms. Turn left on Forest Hill Rd.
5. Continue on Forest HiIl Rd for 1.7kms until it turms to a dirt road. Look for the Wolfville Watershed Nature Preserve sign.